Thanks for playing a Super Dark Collective show. Here’s some important information for you.
DESPERATE ANNIES – ALL SHOWS 21 PLUS.
12-14 Caroline St, Saratoga Springs, NY / (518) 587-2455 – DO NOT CALL THIS NUMBER ABOUT BOOKING!
If you happen to arrive early for your show here in Saratoga Springs and looking to kill some time, we have partnered with Starling Recording Studios to offer bands an opportunity for some quick recording. Bands can record day of show, or record on Tuesday after their Super Dark Monday show. The studio will offer you a special rate if you just mention that you are playing a Super Dark Monday show. Feel free to contact the studio through their website.
If you’re looking to just relax, definitely hit up Congress Park, or the State Park. Both are just minutes from the venue and a great place to hang out and kill some time. The Tang Museum at Skidmore College is very cool and just up the road on North Broadway, while Saratoga Arts is right next to Congress Park. You can also head on over to Uncommon Grounds for bagels and free wifi, or Saratoga Coffee Traders, home of Death Wish Coffee..the worlds strongest coffee! Both places are cool and won’t give you a hard time for hanging out.
Load In/Load Out Information
- Bands can load in anytime after 5pm.
- WE ASK THAT ALL BANDS TRY TO SHARE EQUIPMENT.
- You can park in front of the venue and come in through the front door, but you will need to move your car immediately after load in.
- There’s plenty of places to park on Broadway (main street), as well as several parking garages within a 3 block radius of the venue.
- When loading out, you can go grab your van/car and park it in front of the venue to load out.
- Just navigate with caution and don’t run over any party folks. The police are usually parked near the venue after 11pm and won’t hassle you for loading out. But it doesn’t mean you can take your sweet ass time to unload your equipment.
- If you’re spending the night in Saratoga…like any other place…lock up your van/car. Use smart band parking strategies such as butting the back end of your van right up to a wall or fence. Park in a well lit area and don’t leave valuables in the van. You never know when an asshole could be lurking around.
- Venue number: (518) 587-2455
- Venue Contact: Bartender on duty
Things to know about playing the venue:
- Our Tech Director is John. He’s a sweetheart…listen to him!! He knows the room!
- Audio Tech information.
- Shows start at 9pm and end at around 12:30pm.
- Please keep your sets short and sweet. 30 minutes is perfect.
- Don’t play into the other bands sets. It’s a dick move.
- There is a designated area for band merchandise.
- Play original music only. No covers.
- We pay all artists at the end of the evening.
- If you leave before the show ends, you forfeit your money.
- We always try to arrange for a few pizzas from Esperantos for the bands.
- Each band gets a pitcher of beer from the bar.
- There are no food/drink buyouts.